Sagging skin can be a frustrating thing to deal with and manage. Whether from weight fluctuations or genetics, sagging skin is a common occurrence.
The burning question everyone has when consulting their medical professional is if the process of sagging skin can be reversed or even prevented.
Let’s explore what causes sagging skin and if the effects are reversible.
What Causes Sagging Skin?
When your skin loses the ability to snap back into place, it starts to sag. Sagging skin can happen anywhere on the body.
Your skin can begin to sag for a multitude of reasons, which include:
- Weight loss
- Medical conditions
Some of these common areas where you may see sagging skin include:
- Upper arms
Aging and weight loss are common culprits in the process of sagging skin. As skin ages, it loses two critical proteins in elastin and collagen, resulting in a natural sagging skin process. Too much sun exposure and neglecting your daily skincare can speed up the process.
Committing to healthy weight loss is an admirable decision. It requires a great deal of work and commitment—it can, however, contribute to loose skin. If you’re carrying extra weight for an extended period, sagging skin is more likely when the weight loss is rapid.
Reversing Sagging Skin
There’s no all-encompassing solution for sagging skin that will solve your concerns, but there are steps you can take and treatments you can explore.
Before opting in for treatment for your sagging skin, it’s important to consider some factors:
- The areas on your body where sagging occurs
- The amount of sagging
- Your feelings about your condition
If your self-image and mental state is affected by sagging skin, get in touch with your medical professional and discuss what treatment option is right for you.
Some of these treatments include:
- Ultherapy–the only non-invasive treatment approved for skin lifting and uses ultrasound energy to tighten and lift the face and neck area.
- Fotona Sp Dynamis Laser–less invasive, highly effective advanced laser systems focusing on skin tightening in the face, neck, and some areas of the body.
- Smartxide CO2 Laser–provides tightening treatment around the eye area, the face, neck, and select areas of the body.
- Endymed Intensif–advanced RF microneedle technology provides skin tightening and mild resurfacing on the face, neck, and body.
Skin tightening treatments are an option for anyone experiencing unwanted sagging skin.
Your medical professional will dive into more details, including the varying time commitment of all these treatments. These procedures are safe and supervised by your medical professional, who will walk you through the entire process.
If you’re curious about some maintenance options for your skin and want to explore some products and lifestyle choices–these will get you started:
- Creams, lotions, and serums
- General lifestyle changes
Your Sagging Skin Journey
If you’re looking for a confidence boost and want to improve the appearance of your skin, there are ways to improve the appearance of mild to moderate sagging skin. The results vary with your treatment choice, and it’s essential to consider all factors before committing to the process.
Book an appointment with your medical professional for more information and see if any sagging skin treatments are right for you.