You have one calendar year to use all the benefits of your GLOW VIP Card from the date of card purchase. We will track your usage and remind you of your card expiration 90 days before it expires. In addition, we will send you appointment reminders to schedule your four Forever Young BBL treatments at 90 day intervals from the time of purchase so you are sure to get maximum benefit for your investment. Many of the treatments and products within this program can be combined at the same appointment.
Pores are essential to your skin’s health because they provide the oil necessary to keep skin soft and hydrated. Pores become more prominent when they are dilated, infected, or clogged with oil, making them appear larger.
Causes of large pores:
- Genetics: People who have naturally thick and oily skin tend to have larger pores.
- Age: As people get older, the cumulative effect of sun exposure and decreased skin elasticity can cause pores to dilate.
- Blackheads: When bacteria and dirt clog pores, oil within the pore can accumulate, causing an expansion in diameter.
Preventing the appearance of large pores:
- Proper cleansing: Cleaning the face of excess oil, debris and bacteria can significantly reduce pore size. Using a topical cleanser containing the antioxidant powers of Retinol or Vitamin C can increase the skin’s collagen and elastin production while loosening impurities and oil from the pores.
- Exfoliating: Using an approved at-home facial scrub or having a microdermabrasion treatment can gently scrub off dead skin cells at the surface, revealing healthier skin beneath.
- Make-up: Start with a skin primer to even out skin tone and prevent foundation from penetrating your pores. Use a cream or cream-to-powder foundation to conceal large pores better than liquid options. Finally, dust your face with a loose translucent powder for a more even finish.
Two laser resurfacing procedures are available for treating enlarged pores.
Sciton Micron Peel is an intra-epidermal laser peel that precisely ablates the outermost layers of the skin. The depth of the procedure is individually tailored for the depth of your pores.
Halo Pro is a non-ablative treatment that combines deep dermal rejuvenation with epidermal renewal for a combined synergetic effect, providing an improvement in the overall tone and texture of your skin, including pore size.
Chemical peels, in particular, Jessner Peels, can also be effective in reducing pore size.
After a thorough examination and consultation, Sante Medical will create a custom treatment plan for your enlarged pores that will also serve to create a more youthful appearance.