Rosacea and Diffused Redness
Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes redness of the face and small red bumps on the cheeks, forehead nose and chin that are often mistaken for acne or an allergic reaction. Every case of rosacea is different, and these symptoms may persist for some time, or they may leave as quickly as they began. Rosacea most commonly affects fair-skinned, middle-aged women and tends to worsen over time. Flair-ups can come and go—lasting for weeks to months at a time.
Although the root cause of rosacea is unknown, it is widely believed that heredity and environmental factors play a large role.
- Beverages or food that are too hot in temperature
- Spicy foods
- Alcohol intake
- Extreme climates
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Overly strenuous exercise
- Saunas, hot tubs and hot baths
- Certain medications, including those that dilate the blood vessels
- Age (especially adults between 30 and 60)
- Gender (females are more prone than males)
- Family History
- Complexion (especially people with fair skin)
You can minimize your risk of a rosacea flair-up by reducing your exposure to known triggers.
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more
- Protect your face from cold climates with a scarf or ski attire
- Avoid excessive rubbing or touching of the face
- Use a gentle cleanser to wash the face
- Avoid using products that contain alcohol
- Counter skin redness by using a green-tinted foundation cream or powder
Rosacea is a highly under-diagnosed condition, and many patients don’t even know they have it. If you have flushed skin, redness, burning, red bumps or small cysts on the face, it may be time to seek a consultation from a practitioner experienced in the treatment of rosacea. From there, we can help you control your rosacea.
While there is unfortunately no cure for rosacea, we are committed to helping you manage the symptoms, allowing you to live a life free from the burden of rosacea.
Book A Consultation
If you’re ready to start your journey, or just want to get a bit more information about a procedure, we encourage you to book a consultation with us. Your consultation will be a one-on-one meeting with one of our medical professionals where we can discuss your specific needs and start developing a personalized plan to achieve your goals.
Related Treatments and Procedures
Vascular / Pigmented Lesion
The Laser Genesis procedure utilizes non-invasive laser technology to safely, discretely and effectively treat fine line wrinkles, large pores, uneven skin texture, diffuse redness and scars.
BBL Forever Young And IPL
Fractional, non-ablative laser for skin resurfacing and the treatment of surgical scars, acne scars and stretch marks – the only FDA cleared laser for this treatment.
A customizable treatment to precisely target skin damage, and improve the appearance of tone, texture, fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin Care Products
A number of cosmeceutical grade skin care products, specifically formulated to control acne, are available at Sante Medical.